The World's Best Mini PC.
THE LITTLE PC FOR GETTING BIG THINGS DONE
Features & Benefits
Carved and Crafted in the UK. Stunning Design
Just like one of our competitor’s in Cupertino, the R50 is made using CNC milling technology with a single block of aluminium carved by a 5 axis drill. We carve and craft our systems in the UK and we’ve used copper for the first time in the industry to achieve amazing thermal performance and be completely fanless, even in the high temperatures of classrooms in Ghana where we work.
World’s Smallest Business Computer
At just 0.6L volume the near pint-sized R50 is the world’s smallest Intel Core-based computer. And yet it offers:
- 6th Generation Intel Core i3 and i5 Processors
- Intel Iris Graphics
- up to 32GB of DDR4 2133MHz RAM
- World's Fastest Solid State Drives with 2GB/s Read Speed
- Integrated 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth
- 5 Year Global Warranty
Silent. Beautiful. Reliable.
A Personal Computer designed for longevity with a case that's instantly recyclable - let's move away from forced obsolescence.
Dramatically Reduce Your Energy Consumption
We have power consumption of just 7.1 Watts. Unlike every other OEM, we not only disclose idle power consumption but peak. Under full CPU and GPU stress the R50 consumes just 21.3 Watts. That’s a synthetic test - you just won’t hit anywhere near that in real world scenarios. Full CPU load with Prime95 is just 14 Watts.
That's 90% less than traditional tower computers and translates to real cost savings. Based on UK home energy costs of £0.16 per kWh, an R50 will save you you £60 per year (24 hour, 365 days) in electricity vs a typical Tower PC (70 Watts idle) - that's £300 saved over the 5 year warranty. Even if you only run your computer 8 hours per day, 5 days per week - that's still £15 per year.
Made for Explorers - Get Projects Done
Have a project you need to get done? Need something that can run 24/365 in remote areas? And is actually decent performance?
High Performance in High Temperatures
*Under full 100% CPU load, the miracle of copper and our unique design means we cannot get the 5th Gen processor temperature above 51 C and for the 6th Gen processor temperature above 80 C (in office temperatures of 21 C), with the case surface temperature getting to 42 C for 5th Gen and 70 C for 6th Gen.
*(under artificial stress testing - Prime95/Furmark)
Weight and Dimensions
- 1.10 Kg
- Height x Width x Depth: 160 x 37 x 110 mm
Processor and Memory
- Passively Cooled Intel® 6th Generation Core™ i3-6100U 14 nm
Dual Core 2.3GHz Hyper Threaded
Tjunction 105 C
Passively Cooled Intel® 6th Generation Core™ i5-6260U 14nm
Dual Core 1.8GHz Hyper Threaded, Turbo Frequency 2.9GHz
- TDP: 15 W
- Memory: 2 x SODIMM 1.2V Slots. Maximum 32GB
- 8GB Configuration: 2 x 4GB Dual Channel DDR4L 1.2V 2133MHz
- 16GB Configuration: 2 x 8GB Dual Channel DDR4L 1.2V 2133MHz
- 32GB Configuration: 2 x 16GB Dual Channel DDR4L 1.2V 2133MHz
USB 3.0 Ports:
- 4 in total, 2 rear, 2 front
- Gigabit LAN, 2 x USB 3.0 Ports, 1 x Mini DP Ports, 1 x HDMI Port,
- 11-19V DC Input, WLAN ReSMA Dual Antenna Header
- 2 x USB 3.0 Ports, IR Receiver, On/Off Button. Power Activity LED
- Core i3: Intel HD Graphics 520
- Core i5: Intel® Iris 540
- Mini DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4b
- 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz (4K) on Each Port – Dual Independent Displays
- Intel ® High Definition (Intel ® HD)
• Intel HD Audio via a stereo microphone/headphone jack on the front panel
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Controller
- PXE Boot and Wake-on-LAN supported
- 802.11ac. ReSMA External Antenna Header, single 2dB antennas included
- Bluetooth 4.2
- M.2 SATA-III SSD - Sandisk X400 or Samsung 850 Evo
128GB/ 250GB / 512GB
Power Consumption and Details
2.1W (Tested on DC with system in sleep mode with monitor).
- 7.5W (Tested on AC Mains with Monitor Connected and USB Mouse and Keyboard Connected, Windows 7 on SSD).
100% CPU Load:
- 36.5W (Tested on AC Mains with CPU and RAM maxed at 100% using Prime95 software).
- 96% Efficient 12V DC PSU (11-19V Range). Can Run Directly from 12V battery – No Regulator Required.
AC Adapter (always included):
- Wall Mount Interchangeable 3.3A 12V AC/DC adapter. Energy Efficiency Level VI (highest). . Includes UK, US, EU, Australia Plug.
Operating System Compatibility
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-Bit
- Mint, Debian, CentOS
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Fanless Operating Temperature Range:
- -15° to 50° C at 100% CPU Load,
- -15° to 30° C at 100% CPU and GPU Load
- PXE Boot Supported
- Boot After Power Loss supported in BIOS. Also “Last State” mode so if system was off when power is cut, it will stay off.
5 Year Warranty
- This 6th Generation R50 includes a 5 Year International Return to Base Warranty. By using industrial components and by building an incredible case we are able to provide a computer that can reliably work 365 days a year for at least 5 years. Our computers provide "install and forget" reliability and peace of mind and our warranty reflects that. Forced Obsolescence ends here.
- Process: Within the UK we will collect your computer free of charge. Outside UK you will have to send back to us. Aleutia fixes or supplies replacement PC within 1 week. and Aleutia pays shipping to send back to you.
- Advanced Swap Out warranty is available for business and institutional customers in the UK. Contact sales at aleutia.com for more information.
It’s not designed for gaming or video editing but it can drive huge resolutions and is powerful enough (with a Core i3 processor) for advanced office users. Combined with 34” 21:9 LG 34UM95-P display (3440 x 1440), it’s the perfect tool for Excel and financial models, allowing you to see not just A-Z columns but 20 more beyond on one screen. And that’s exactly how we, at Aleutia use it.
Solar Farm Monitoring
The R50 provides better performance than most industrial computers with a unibody design. It’s used by the UK’s largest solar operator Lightsource, as well as Solarcentury and other EPCs. These companies mount the R50 on a custom DIN mounting and connect it to RS-485 to LAN adapters to monitor the solar array. It’s stored in a container-sized inverter room where the heat from the electronics means that even in the UK, the temp is persistently 50 C.
Sites with less than 5 MW (£5m value) use a single R50 – larger sites buy an extra for redundancy, a great testament to the R50’s ability.
The R50 has powerful enough graphics for navigation software, such as Sea Pro. Since it can run natively on 11-20V DC and can be adapted to run on 24V it’s ideal for yachts and sailboats. It’s also powerful enough to drive entertainment. And it’s no moving parts design and body sealed from salty corrosive air means it will last whilst laptops won’t.
Healthcare – Workstation on Wheels
Low power consumption matters – The R50 is not only tiny but allows medical carts from companies like Ergotron and RDP to run 4 times longer than a Dell Ultra Small Form Factor would.
Beacon Hospital and the Mater in Dublin both use it in this way.
Lighting Control for Helipads
The R50’s ability to work in high temperatures and the ‘install-and-forget’ reliability makes it an ideal fit-for-purpose server for Orga in Rotterdam to run their heliport lighting systems from.